On Murphy’s Magic Mess we like to celebrate the holidays with music and stories. That’s just what we did this weekend for Independence Day. Murf, however, was at home with one of those miserable summer colds. *K8 and Phil managed to muddle through without her. Phil putting together the first hour, *K8 the second. As you can tell from the playlist, the show became something resembling Hindu Patriotism. Not intended, but it did come out that way.
This week is one of those special tracking weeks that we have to do at KZUM. That means that we have to track and report to SoundExchange everything we play, when we started the track and when we ended. This gives us the opportunity to play longer tracks. Sure, we could play 10-45 minute tracks every week if we wanted to, but we want to give the listener as much variety as we can every week. We’ll be doing this again in August.
Playlist from 6 July 2014
- I Am A Leaf – Spiral Rhythm – Roll of Thunder
- Dakshinam – Nadaka & Gopika – Surya: Chants of Light
- New Earth Calling – Ricky Kej & Wouter Kellerman – Winds of Samsara
- Love Serve Remember – Harnam – Kirtan Aid: Orphans of Rishikesh
- Guru Ram Das – Ashana – River of Light
- Jaya Shiva Omkara – Manish Vyas – Shivoham: a Journey into Bliss
- Sacred Pleasure – Shawna Carol – Goddess Chant
- Red Alabaster & Blue – Celia – Red Alabaster & Blue
- Daughters of the Earth – Kellianna – The Ancient Ones
- Precious Freedom – Brave Combo – Holidays
- America – Roy Zimmerman Faulty Intelligence
- Coyote’s Gift – Amy Friedman (featuring Arigon Starr) – Tell Me a Story 2: Animal Magic
- Liberty – Bryan Bowers – The View from Home
- Good Old USA – New Generation Band – This Ain’t Your Daddy’s Polka
- The Sun in the Sky – Chief Jim Billie – Seminole Fire-Legends & Stories
- America the Beautiful – Brave Combo – Sounds of the Hollow
- Amerika – Brave Combo – Polka’s Revenge
- Origin of Fire – Greg Howard – Tales of Wonder
- Hills of America – Emerald Rose – Bending Tradition
- The Star Spangled Banner – Jimi Hendrix – Woodstock: Three Days of Peace & Music
Murphy’s Magic Mess airs live every Sunday at 9am Central on KZUM-Lincoln/KZUM-HD (89.3FM in the Lincoln, NE area). You can find the Mess on Facebook.
A note to anyone who may have attempted to call in during the show. A firmware or software issue has been cropping up on the weekends that deactivates the phones. The program manager and our station engineer are working with our phone service to correct the problem.