On Friday, 21 September 2012, RevKess hosted an episode of Musica Pagani dedicated to music and songs about Mabon, the Autumnal Equinox and the season of Fall. The original scheduled date was Thursday the 20th. Minor conflicts came up and he mistakenly confused his dates. Thanks to a regular listener and fan of programming on Pagan-Musings Podcast Channel, he was reminded and made arrangements to produce the show on Friday the 21st.
Click on image to get the audio feed for the show.
Along with the music and songs, RevKess shared some mythology, folk lore and correspondences of the season. The play list is below followed by links to some of the information shared during the show.
- Please Bless This Space – Celia – Carry Me Home
- Come to the Dance – Emerald Rose – That Night in the Garden
- Fae Dance – Spiral Dance – Through a Sylvan Doorway
- The Coming and Going – Cernunnos Rising – Wild Soul
- Cloak of Feathers – Damh the Bard – Herne’s Apprentice
- Dancing the Dragon – Dragon Ritual Drummers – Passage
- In Days Gone By – Elaine Silver – Faerie Goddess
- Interlude at Sunset – Bone Poets Orchestra – Belladonna Smiles
- Persephone – Kellianna – Lady Moon
- Open My Senses – Wendy Rule – Deity
- Winds of Change – Damh the Bard – Herne’s Apprentice
- Marooned on Venus – Spiral Dance – Magick (Had intended to play Shadow Wood, error in music upload.)
- Spring Maiden – Al Conti – Northern Sea
- Spring Rain – Hennie Bekker – Spectrum
- Spring Love – Jenna Greene – Crossroads
- Dead Gerbil Jam – Kenny Klein – Fairy Queen
- Anti-Gerbil Song – Dale Bacon (single, not released for mass market)
- Last Night I Dreamed of Dead People – Lon Milo Duquette – I’m Baba Lon
- Stardust + Energy = Me – Didges Christ Super Drum (single, available as video on YouTube)
- Heartbeat of the Earth – Heartbeat – Bloodmoon
RevKess would like to thank everyone for listening to Musica Pagani and invites you to listen to any and all programming available on the Pagan-Musings Podcast Channel. Questions, comments, suggestions and more can be sent to RevKess via the PMPC email or in comments on this post. Like Musica Pagani on FaceBook for sneak peaks at up coming episodes, information on artists, song lyrics and videos.
Wytch’s Chant ’98 – Inkubus Sukkubus – Away with the Faeries
Nocturne – Marc Enfroy – Dreams of the Forest
Speaker/Listenter – Lisa Downing – A Delicate Balance
Morgan le Fay – Celeste Alayne – Prtrait of the Goddess
Moon Dancing – Heidi Breyer – Beyond the Turning
Deep Alpha #8 – Steven Halpern – Deep Alpha
Charlie Kean – The Cundeez – Charlie Kean (single release)
Rhiannon of the Birds – Hugin the Bard – Bardic Tales of the Mabinogian
The Dagda’s Club – Isaac Boneiwts & Real MAgic – Avalon is Rising
Come to the Labyrinth – SJ Tucker – Blessings
Pagan Ways – Damh the Bard – The Cauldron Born
Cycle of the Seaons – Kiva – Finding the Balance Within
In the Belly of the Mother – Music for the Goddess – Goddess Mandala
The Queen of Argyll – Silly Wizard – Kiss the Tears Away
Duncarron – Saor Patrol – Duncarron
Children’s Totem Chant – Spiral Rhythm – Roll of Thunder
Maria’s Not a Catholic Anymore – Kenny Klein – Fairy Queen
What Shall We Do With A Catnipped Kitty – Marc Gunn – Whisker in the Jar
My Karma Broke Down – Three Weird Sisters – Hair of the Frog
Freya, Shakti – Emerald Rose – Bending Tradition
Rock and Roll Alchemy – Haze – Haze
Belladonna and Achonite – Inkubus Sukkubus – Belladonna and Achonite
Le Sorcerie – Gypsy Nomads – Eternal Summer
Divine – Kellee Maize – Integration
Avalon – Sully Erna – Avalon
Greetings, friends and listeners. RevKess here.
We’ve been very bad about posting to the site this summer. It has been one very busy summer. With fall just around the corner, I think it is time that we all buckle down and see what we can do to make this site what it is meant to be.
What we have been good about is producing the shows on a regular basis and mostly on schedule. I say mostly because the Zaracon Show has been a hit or miss this summer. Our good friend and fellow PMPC host has been experiencing some health issues all summer long and been unable to produce his show with any consistency. He has even elected to take a hiatus from all podcasting during the month of September.
Over the next several weeks, I will be going back through the shows we have aired and at the very least providing music play lists and important links for our listeners to catch on this site. In the mean time, my friends, please continue to bear with us as we attempt to build and grow this site to meet the standards that we (and we hope you) expect from such an informational page.
Thank you all for listening and sharing our show with your friends and family!
Pagan Weekly News #59, live air date 09/10/12, 7pm Central
Deirdre Hebert, host of PaganFM on WSCA-LP Community radio out of Portsmouth, NH, sat in for Zaracon on this week’s edition of the Pagan Weekly News. The theme of the show was especially intriguing to her and made her acceptance of RevKess’s invitation that much easier. What was the theme? “Politicians at War with Liberal America?”
Topics that were addressed during this edition included:
- The War on Women
- The War on Terrorism
- The War on Drugs
- The War on Religion
- The Republican National Convention
- The Democratic National Convention
- The 2012 Paralympics in London, UK and the British Druid Order’s involvement.
- The novels and non-fiction works of Ellen Evert Hopman
- and many other sub topics and points of interest
Listeners in the chat room brought up some interesting points, including the use of the phrase “war on…” being a misnomer and just adding confusion to the whole idea of handling these various issues in the political arena.