On this week’s edition of the Pagan Weekly News, Heather Greene joined RevKess for a lengthy discussion of Pagan media. Heather is a contributor to Circle Magazine, a columnist for The Wild Hunt, an adviser for Lady Liberty League and the current National Public Information Officer for Covenant of the Goddess. She also writes on her personal blog about various topics.
The first half hour of the show was brief coverage of some Pagan related news as well as some goings-on in the United Kingdom. Heather joined the broadcast around the bottom of the first hour. For the majority of the program she and RevKess discussed a variety of Pagan media related issues. Rounding out the end of the show RevKess visited on a couple of other news items.
- Keepers of the Flame continues their programming with a lecture from Margot Adler. Changes in the Pagan Movement, What’s new, What’s Different discusses some of the changes in Paganism over the last 15 years from the perspective of a journalist.
- UK prime minister David Cameron shows his conservatism with the new default internet filters that he insists the UK’s four major providers implement. These filters will block more than just porn. Internet filters will block porn, violence, and esoteric material.
- Heather Greene’s article on The Wild Hunt talking about the CoG Merry Meet in Salem, Mass and the impromptu memorial observance for the victims of the Salem Witch Craze in the 1690’s.
- Damh the Bard is thinking about magick and its role in modern Paganism in his latest blog article.
- The Witchcraft and Human Rights Information Network has launched an educational video series. The Expert Discussion series starts with Prof. Jean Lafontaine and the topic of witchcraft abuses.
- Omnia – I Don’t Speak Human – Musick & Poetree
- Damh the Bard – Pagan Ways – Cauldron Born
- Spiral Dance (featuring Damh the Bard) – Spirit of Albion/Wooden Box – Through a Sylvan Doorway