Due to some work conflicts for RevKess, this week’s edition of PWN was delayed by a day. Everyone at PMPChannel apologizes for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone. Zaracon was unavailable for this week’s edition.
RevKess feels he may have gone a little Rachel Maddow in the show, but he was on a roll. Sometimes being wore out from work loosens the tongue. He sure was up on his soap box a lot during the show!
- The Mead Muse takes her readers on a daily journey through the elements with her series on Elemental Daily Living.
- Have we been snowed by Snowden? Addicting Info asks and answers that for the readers.
- Kasha, First officer for the Everglades Moon Local Council for Covenant of the Goddess, attended the first ever Lake Okeechobee Summer Solstice Festival and wrote about her experiences and shared some thoughts on Pagan rights and responsibilities.
- Crystal Blanton, newly published as a staff writer for The Wild Hunt, writes about the dismantling of the Voters Rights Act on July 4, the celebration of American independence.
- Senate votes on ENDA July 10, 2013. The Washington Blade, Rachel Maddow and other media sources have written or broadcast about ENDA and the provisions for protections for sexual orientation and sexual identity. There are religious exemptions included in the bill and CivilRights.org has a fact sheet on that. You can read a brief history of ENDA on WikiPedia.
- Norwegians have a sense of guilt over a series of witch trial in the 17th century, having erected a monument to the 91 men and women (mostly women) who were accused of witchcraft and executed. RawStory.com has a story on the monument and why it stands in the extreme north of the country, “Gates of Hell”.
- Not only honeybees are dropping dead, butterflies are disappearing from the Earth, according to this sciene article in the Washington Post.
- RevKess will be reviewing Christine Hoff Kraemer’s book on Pagan theologies, Seeking the Mystery: An Introduction to Pagan Theologies. Christine is the editor of the Pagan Portal on Patheos.com and writes for Sermons From the Mound on Patheos.
- Paradiso & Rasamayi – Harmonic Ascension – Attuning to Oneness
- Omnia – I Don’t Speak Human – Musick and Poetree
- Dragon Ritual Drummers – Tuatha de Danann – Passage
- Heather Dale – Odin’s Other Eye – The Gabriel Hounds
- Lon Milo DuQuette – Roman Rider – I’m Baba Lon
- Featherscale – Gypsy Heart – Gypsy Heart
- Mama Gina – Summer of the Fae – Goddess Kiss’d
- Lis Addison – Crown in the Sky – Crown in the Sky
News and Links that didn’t air….
There was a lot of ground to cover with #101 this week. Many things may have been missed or just didn’t make the cut for the live broadcast. Below you will find links and short info snippets on some of those topics and issues that just didn’t make it into the show. Not because they aren’t important, but because RevKess sometimes goes on tangents or looses steam before he can cover everything.
- The Universal Life Church has an interesting article on the Church of England building a “Pagan Church.”
- The Koch brothers are urging Republicans to fight ecology efforts.
- Anti-abortionists in N. Caroline attach amendments to an “anit-Sharia law” bill that would not just smack the Muslims in the face but women’s right proponents.
- Lydia Crabtree’s blog post on the VRA.
- Christopher Scott Thompson’s “Loop of Brighid” series on the Agora.
- Free higher education may soon be a reality in Oregon, according to AddictingInfo.com.
- Atheists in Florida erect monument to separation of church and state.