The 92nd edition of Pagan Weekly News started out with a little back slapping from Heather Greene of the Covenant of the Goddess and The Wild Hunt. She wrote an article for PRN and TWH about “What is Pagan media?” Sometime in the very near future Ms Greene will be joining us on either an edition PWN or Pagan-Musings to talk about the Pagan Media and her work with CoG. We would like to have a panel discussion with various members of the Pagan Media, if you are a Pagan media person (journalist, blogger, podcaster, etc) who would like to participate in that conversation you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can go from there. Or you can contact us on our PWN Facebook page.
Peter Dybing called in during the first half hour of the show to talk about his work with the Lady Liberty League in regards to Kyrja’s situation in Newport Richie, FL. The work that LLL and others have been doing there sounds extraordinary, but Peter stressed that is what is right about the Pagan community that LLL and others can and will step up to show support and provide certain services to others within the community when the need arises.
We later talked about Big Ag and Big Chemical in regards to the decline in the honeybee population world wide, including steps that some countries are taking to prevent that continued decline or assist in preserving the honeybee. We also talked about how religion is addressed in mainstream media and how religious illiteracy can be damaging to the population as a whole. We concluded with a little talk about some of the books that Zaracon and RevKess have been reading recently.
Links and articles:
- Heather Greene writes about Pagan Media and mentions the Pagan-Musings Podcast Channel
- Lady Liberty League press release on Kyrja
- Indigogo campaign mentioned by Peter Dybing: Stop the Criminalization of Homelessness: Nightingale Public Advocacy Collective
- The decline in the honeybee population has been linked to a certain insecticide and HFCS
- The European Union bans said pesticide use
- The US rejects the idea that the pesticide is that harmful
- The First Casualty of Religions Wars Is Truth, a piece by Tom Carpenter on HuffPost Religion
- American Media Needs to a Theology Class (or 3), a piece from ThinkProgress.org
- History of the Occult in Colonial America
- Review of Karen Harrison’s The Everyday Psychic
- The Rowan Gant Investigations
- Didges Christ Super Drum – Stardust+Energy=Me – Alien Technology
- Damh the Bard – Under a Beltane Sun – Antlered Crown & Standing Stone
- Celia – Symbol Song
Our humble thanks to Peter Beckley for playing fact checker for us on the honeybee topic, the further indented links in the above list are due to his diligence and research.