The 96th edition of Pagan Weekly News led off with news from the state of Florida. Lots of things going on down there for the Pagan and New Age communities. What with the uproar, now simmered down, in Pahokee over the first Summer Solstice Pagan Festival and the new banning of herbal tinctures state wide.
After a false start, RevKess was able to get things going an hour late. The joys of doing things live and hitting technical issues that cannot be resolved on our end. Thank you to the BTR help desk for taking the time to get things fixed. Still don’t know what actually happened, but it is a fix.
- Florida Pagan Summer Solstice Festival near Pahokee, FL:
- Coverage from Florida.NewsZap.com. This first bit of coverage does not bode well for the event, but look at the links below before you react. If you aren’t familiar with these happenings then you might be pleasantly surprised.
- The Mead Muse writes about the early information on the Summer Solstice Festival.
- First press release from the Lady Liberty League detailing the goals of the Task Force.
- Second press release from the Lady Liberty League detailing the results of Peter Dybing’s meeting with several community pastors from Pahokee.
- Video coverage from a local news station:
- Monsanto backs down from lobbying in the European Union. More coverage from a German website.
- Could a Tea Part-Democrat alliance be slowing progress in Washington?
- SARS-like virus, part of the coronavirus family, appears in the Midddle East and Europe. Watch some video coverage from CNN:
- After Pope Francis appeared to perform an impromptu exorcism before thousands of people, Father Gabriele Amorth, head of the International Association of Exorcists, is calling for the rules to be relaxed and allow all priests to perform the rite.
- More witch hysteria in Africa.
- Community notes from the Wild Hunt: Cherry Hill Seminary receives $10,000 donation match challenge and the Solar Cross Temple helps Oklahoma.
- Patrick McCollum revisits the religious matrix in a guest posting on the Wild Hunt.
- NA student fined for wearing eagle feather. 17 year old Poarch Creek Band of Indians member wore an eagle feather to her graduation from Escambia Academy High School in Alabama and has her diploma and transcripts withheld and fined $1,000.
- Tuatha Dea – Bagabi – Kith & Kin
- Kellianna – Serpent Mound – I Walk With the Goddess
- Spiral Dance – Asgard’s Chase – Through a Sylvan Doorway
- Omnia – Shamaniac – Wolf Love
- Frenchy and the Punk (as Gypsy Nomads) – Tall Tales from the Tavern – Thread & Stone
- Dragon Ritual Drummers – Bamboula – Volume 2
- Saudi Arabia sentences two maids to 10 years and 1,000 lashes for “witchcraft”.
- Chicago based performance art group Terra Mysterium releases a new video:
- Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami, head of Kauai’s Hindu Monastery and publisher of Hinduism Today, was guest chaplain for the US House of Representatives, and offers the opening prayer as the House began its session on June 4, 2013, just after noon.
- Anti-government protests in Turkey.
Paradiso and Rasamayi have a new video available on YouTube:
Celia is giving away free digital downloads of her “Symbol” song through Friday morning (6/7/13):