Another edition of Musica Pagani is in archives. Thank you to all who listened live and to those who are listening in archives. RevKess enjoys music and enjoys sharing that music with people. Musica Pagani brings a wide selection of music to the listener from the New Age and Pagan music genres.
This edition featured music from Fiona Joy Hawkins, Al Conti, Brian Henke, Meg Bowles, Mama Gina, Frenchy and the Punk, Blackmore’s Night and Damh the Bard. The July start up music is from Jenna Greene and the closing song is from Tuatha Dea. Following is the detailed playlist with links to artists and some videos of the songs played during the program.
Piano, flute, guitar and synth for the new age section. Homegrown, drums, rock and bardic for the vocal Pagan section. Wonderful combination of sounds in this collection of music. A hearty thank you and much love to all the talents who have made their delicious music available to us here at the Pagan-Musings Podcast Channel. The Musica Pagani show is for them and for you, the listener. Enjoy! and let us know what you think of the line-up by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or commenting on this blog post.
- Jenna Greene – Rise Up Singin’ – Crossroads
- Fiona Joy Hawkins – 600 Years – 600 Years in a Moment
- Fiona Joy Hawkins – The Lost Ballerina – 600 Years in a Moment
- Fiona Joy Hawkins – Running on Joy – 600 Years in a Moment
- Al Conti – The Merchant’s Rose – The Blue Rose
- Al Conti – The Rainbow Bridge – Northern Seas
- Al Conti – Quest for Orpheus – Poeta
- Brian Henke – A Dancing Gnome – A Child’s Garden
- Brian Henke – Willow – Seven Magic Spells
- Brian Henke – It’s a Beautiful Day – Seven Magic Spells
- Meg Bowles – Into the Gloaming – The Shimmering Land
- Meg Bowles – Night Walk Across the Isle of Dream – The Shimmering Land
- Meg Bowles – The Sweetness of Mist – The Shimmering Land
- Mama Gina – Freya’s Lullaby (single)
- Mama Gina – Flicker and Flame (the Firefly Song) – Goddess Kiss’d
- Mama Gina – Sisters Waiting – Goddess Kiss’d
- Frenchy and the Punk – Specter of the Forest and Sea – Elephant Uproar
- Frenchy and the Punk – Orient Express – Elephant Uproar
- Frenchy and the Punk – Rock Paper Scissors – Elephant Uproar
- Blackmore’s Night – The Spinner’s Tale – Dancer and the Moon
- Blackmore’s Night – The Last Leaf – Dancer and the Moon
- Blackmore’s Night – Lady in Black – Dancer and the Moon
- Damh the Bard – Ceridwen & Taliesin – Antlered Crown and Standing Stone
- Damh the Bard – Spirit of Albion – Spirit of Albion
- Damh the Bard – The Land of the Ever Young – The Hills They Are Hollow
- Tuatha Dea – The Blessing – The Tribe
Dancing Hands has been producing some wonderful ASL videos, here is their cover of Rootless by SJ Tucker.
Damh the Bard performs the title track from Antlered Crown and Standing Stone live at the Glastonbury Assembly Rooms.
Episode three of the reboot of Musica Pagani has hit the interwebs. Hear music from Brian Henke, Omnia, Acoustic Ocean and many others!
The list of artists that we can play just keeps growing. Some of the artists in this edition you will be familiar with from earlier editions of MP as well as other programming on PMPChannel. The newest on the list below is Brian Henke. RevKess got hear him perform at Heartland 2013 and came home to find his latest two CDs in the review stack from KZUM. Needless to say, permission request was sent off right away.
Upcoming editions will have more NEW music from artists like Jami Sieber, Cernunnos Rising and Michael de Salem. Keep checking in with PMPChannel on BTR and iTunes for the latest in New Age and Pagan music as well as news, views, interviews, and information from the other programming on the channel. Don’t forget to check out Pagan-Musings on Saturday the 22nd of June to hear an interview with George Nicholas and his daughter Katie from Cernunnos Rising and again on the 29th of June to hear an interview with some of the Tribe of Tuatha Dea.
- Blackmore’s Night – Sake of the Song – Autumn Sky
- Al Conti – Silk and Jasmine – The Blue Rose
- Al Conti – Sacred Space – Poeta
- Al Conti – Dans For Loki (Loki’s Jig) – Northern Seas
- AeTopus – Alley of Dust and Soul – Angels and Machines
- AeTopus – Vast – Between Empires
- AeTopus – Reflections in the Glass – Angels and Machines
- Lisa Hilton – City Streets – Getaway
- Lisa Hilton – Stepping Into Paradise – Getaway
- Lisa Hilton – Unforgotten – Getaway
- Leigh Ann Hussey – Greenmantle – Homebrew
- Leigh Ann Hussey – Rise Up Witches – Homebrew
- Leigh Ann Hussey – Witches Come Again – Homebrew
- Gaia Consort – Every Sacred Thing – Secret Voices
- Gaia Consort – No Shadows – Evolve
- Gaia Consort – Face in the Clouds – Vitus Dance
- Brian Henke – Dancing with the Child in You – A Child’s Garden
- Brian Henke – Dancing in the Garden, Head in the Clouds – A Child’s Garden
- Brian Henke – A Boy Wizard – Seven Magic Spells
- Acoustic Ocean – Into the Mystery Landscape – Chimes of the Spirit
- Acoustic Ocean – Tsunami – Chimes of the Spirit
- Acoustic Ocean – Midnight Rendnevous – Chimes of the Spirit
- Omnia – Taranis Jupiter – Wold Love
- Omnia – The Well – Pagan Folk
- Omnia – Wytches’ Brew – Alive!
- Isaac Bonewits – Quarter Farewell – Avalon is Rising
While preparing the show notes today, RevKess stumbled across this site that is devoted to Leigh Ann Hussey. Her music is available for free download at www.motogrrl.org/Bands, but this site has details on her life, music career and her unfortunately and untimely passing. For those of you who enjoy Leigh Ann’s music and want to learn more about her, please visit the sites linked and share her life and love of music with others. Leigh Ann was also an author, you can hear Colin Hussey read her novella “The Lover of Lord Eithras“, or read the story. There doesn’t seem to be any videos on YouTube or elsewhere for Leigh Ann’s music, something just might have to be done about that.