Hello, listeners! Bet you are wondering how Mother’s Day and Death Rites wound up in the same show. Simple: Today is Mother’s Day and Thursday saw the death of my tradition’s founding high priest. Now, I don’t want you to get all sympathetic or empathetic with me. I appreciate the sentiment. I’m not looking for expressions of regret or condolences on his passing. The time was oddly appropriate, though.
Some of the best recognized Mother Goddesses are also Goddesses of death and destruction and rebirth. Kali, Sekhmet, Tiamat, just to name a few. In this episode we will not only honor some of the Goddesses of Motherhood, we will also honor some of the Goddesses of Death and Rebirth. Along the way I will share some memories of my high priest, Papa Tom and some of the music that makes me think of him.
- A Small Mother’s Day Poem from the Pagan Mommy
- A Mother’s Day Poem by Morning Dove
- The Great Mother Goddess, according to infoplease.com
- The Goddess Within by Cateline, scroll down to the bottom of the page to read this poem.
- An interesting article that my brother pulled up and shared in the chat room: Jesus Christ, the Myth by Barbara G. Walker – Pay special attention to her discussion of the Three Marys at the Cross to see how it pertains to this show.
- One look at the Immortal Mother and Immortal Daughter, an interpretation of the store of Demeter and Persephone
- One of the founders of Mother’s Day sought to have it abolished, Anna Jarvis
- Kellianna- Maiden, Mother, Crone – Lady Moon
- Queen Mother Imakhu (Imakhu Sekehmet) – Sacred Mother (Anuk Mwt – I Am Mother) – Water Woman
- Elaine Silver – Grandmother Moon – The Lady of the Lake
- Leigh Anne Hussey – She is Grandmother – Homebrew
- Annette Cantor – Gaia – Songs to the Goddess
- Lis Addison – Mother Gaia – Crown in the Sky
- SJ Tucker – In the House of Mama Dragon – Haphazrd
- Sharon Knight 7 T Thorn Coyle – Ancestor Chant – Songs for the Waning Year
- Kellianna – Ancestor’s Song – I Walk with the Goddess
- Omnia – Cernunnos – Sine Missione
- Omnia – Intro (The Wylde Hunt) – Crone of War
- Omnia – The Wylde Hunt – Crone of War
- Kellianna – Aphrodite and Pan – Lady Moon
- Damh the Bard – The Parting Glass – Tales from the Crow Man In honor of Tex, Jason McDeavitt and now Papa Tom, all Elders of the Pagan community who at one time or another lived in Lincoln, NE.
- Isaac Bonewits – The Thuggee Song – Avalon is Rising!
- Michael Brant DeMaria – Danu – Gaia
- Shawna Carol – Sacred Pleasure – Goddess Chant
- Murphey’s Midnight Rounders – As You Depart – I Am the Goddess