Show notes for Pagan-Musings Podcast, Sunday 12 January 2014:
RevKess and KaliSara call it as they see it in this edition of Pagan-Musings Podcast. Inspired in part by a blog entry on Radical Wind, your hosts stroll down the lane of radical thinking. The hosts did not set out to bash on Witch Wind or even on Z Budapest, but to call them out on the hypocrisy of their words and how those words hurt more than heal. They also covered some of the intersections of discrimination.
The topic focused heavily on the concepts introduced by Witch Wind’s blog article. “All intercourse is rape.” “Men crave power over women.” And other similar concepts. As well as talking about how Z Budapest has said that all men are secretly gay and are a danger to woman as they forcibly have sex with them to hide their gayness. (Unfortunately the article of Budapest’s that states is no longer online, but you can read segments of it in one of KaliSara’s blog posts from February 2012.)
The thrust of the topic addresses “intersectionality”. Wikipedia’s article on intersectionality begins: Intersectionality (or Intersectionalism) is the study of intersections between different disenfranchised groups or groups of minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination.
KaliSara and RevKess would like to say thank you to their friend Arthur for sharing much of the below listed articles as well as many more.
Additional links pertaining to intersectionality
- Toranse gives us some good advice on how to give advice to survivors: Don’t!
- Trudy on Gradient Lair talks about 2013 as a year of white supremacy and racism in mainstream feminism. Trudy falls into the category that KaliSara was describing in the show of straight-asexual. Reading her blog might help clarify a few things. Especially from the perspective of a WOC (Woman of Color).
- MRA’s, Men’s Rights Activists, a tumblr rant: http://iflewbikes.tumblr.com/post/45435594649
- Dave Pollard on Colonization.
- M.B. David talks about a study that shows white men feel they are being discriminated against on Political Blindspot. (Yes, you read that right.)
- A transgender 101 from an IAOPOC perspective.
- Download site for a free anthology that came about after the Z Budapest uproar at PantheaCon.
- Celia – Ground, Center, & Shield – For the Asking
- Tuatha Dea – Irish Handfasting (fea. Damh the Bard) – The Tribe
- Avalon Rising – God Walks Among Us – Songs for the Goddess: A Pagan Music Compliation
- Paradiso & Rasamayi – Attuning to Onenes – Attuning to Oneness