Let us hope that the lamb March promises comes to us soon! Sunday morning greeted Murf and her Minions with a blast of COLD! And some tech and mechanic issues that made for an interesting morning at the Mess. Luckily everything worked out well enough and Phil’s vehicular woes are currently taken care of.
We’d like to give Sister Jasmine of the Glorious Gospel our thanks for helping Murf get set up as *K8 was running to get Phil to the studio after his van broke down.
A new segment has been added to the show recently. Or we should say a segment has returned. A bit of news and information on the Pagan community. Years ago Murf’s former cohost Diz did such a segment and after he left the show it just hasn’t been happening. Murf wanted to add it back, so we are doing so. We actually started this in February, but it didn’t become official until this weekend.
Phil updated us on the condition of Donald Michael Kraig, author and teacher, who is battling cancer. The prognosis is not bright. Our thoughts and prayers go to him and his family. May Asclepius be with him! And praises to the Gods of healing, Morning Glory Zell is able to return home after tackle kidney issues related to her cancer. She still need dialysis, but she can go home after each session now.
Phil also talked about the upcoming CD release from Mama Gina, “The Undertaker’s Daughter” and briefly about the IndieGoGo campaign to help fund Tuatha Dea‘s new project “Tufa Tales.”
- A Circle is Cast – Libana – A Circle is Cast
- Oh, Dark Mother – Abbi Spinner McBride – Fire of Creation
- The Undiscovered Horizon – Harrison Edwards – The Undiscovered Horizon
- Spring Reverie – Jim Gabriel – Sojourn
- Sunny Side Up – Lisa Hilton – Kaleidoscope
- Songbird in the Morning – Larken Lyre – Extraordinary Voyage
- Blue Blaze – Masako – Call of the Mountains
- Animal Spirits – Jack Gates – Voyage of the Troubadour
- Parisienne Affair – Paul Higgs – Pavane
- Light Heart – Betsy Tinney – Release the Cello
- Come Back to Erin – Claire Hamilton – Celtic Favorites (compilation)
- Grotteschi the Red – S.J. Tucker – Solace & Sorrow
- Manticore’s Lullabye – S.J. Tucker – Solace & Sorrow
- Pagan Jugband Blues – FishBird – Fishbird
- A Flame in Avalon – Anne Lister – A Flame in Avalon
- Green Mantle – LeighAnn Hussey – Home Brew
- Tam Lin – The Bringers – The Bringers
- Dream Time – Elvendrums – Gateway to Fairy
- The Wild Hunt – Omnia – Crone of War!
- Hex Hop – Marilyn T. – ??? If you know the album this came from, please let us know in comments.
- The Brownie Song – Mama Gina – The Undertaker’s Daughter
- The Tower – Austin Lounge Lizards – Go Ahead and Die
- The Last DJ – Tom Petty – The Last DJ
Murphy’s Magic Mess airs live every Sunday at 9am on KZUM-HD 89.3FM in Lincoln, Ne. Drawing near to its 20th anniversary, the Mess is the world’s longest running Pagan content program on terrestrial radio. You can listen online at www.kzum.org or use your favorite mobile listening app on your smartphone or iPhone.