KaliSara has an essay coming out in the Moon Books publication Paganism 101: An introduction to Paganism by 101 Pagans, released February 2014. Her essay is in response to the topic of the Pagan priesthood. She shared her essay on the show while encouraging the listener to pick up a copy for themselves, available in Kindle and paperback.
We dived into a discussion of an idea proposed by Christine Kraemer on her Sermons from the Mound blog on Patheos.com. She proposes that bloggers and commenters sit down to coffee or some such and talk face to face. Great idea, but many bloggers and commenters rarely have the opportunity to do so, most of them living long distances from each other. But it does inspire a good idea…. Instead of spending all our time on Facebook, Twitter or wherever, we should spend time with people. Face to face.
Shauna Aura Knight was supposed to join us on the air, but a scheduling conflict came up which prevented her from doing so. We carried on as best we could without her direct input while discussed some of her recent articles on leadership in the Pagan community. Three articles in particular are available in the series as of show time.
- Leadership for Small Groups and Subcultures, posted on 12 January.
- Pagan Leadership and Witch Wars, posted on 13 January.
- Grassroots Leaders Who are Incurably Bad, posted on 19 January.
In her Grassroots article, Shauna makes reference and links to an article by Ivo Dominguez Jr on the Pagans&Witches site about being the agent of change. She has also recently published an article on PaganActivist in which she talks about that dreaded idea, “paying for services“, which prompted RevKess to remember an article he wrote on the same topic for Off the Beaten Path.
- Kellianna – The Ancient Ones – The Ancient Ones
- Cernunnos Rising – The Great World Tree – Urban Druid
- Frenchy and the Punk – Catapult to the Highlands – Thread & Stone
- SJ Tucker – In the House of Mama Dragon – Haphazard
- Omnia – Mercy Seat – Poetree