The 103rd edition of Pagan Weekly News contains information important to some in the Pagan community. There is now way that we can cover everything that is important to everyone in the community, and it most assured that some of what we cover may be of no interest to anyone but ourselves. For the last two years we have done our best to bring listeners a variety of stories from around the world with a focus on Pagan news. We hope to continue to do so in the upcoming months as well.
RevKess went solo this week as Zaracon was unavailable.
This edition had a special guest RevKess. Priestess, teacher, activist and author Shauna Aura Knight. Earlier in July she published her first ebook through Jupiter Gardens Press. The book is called Spiritual Scents: Creative Options for Potent Rituals and addresses the use and non-use of scent and fire in ritual. Shauna Aura Knight is a semi-retired podcaster, only making appearances to talk about her activist work and other projects. PMPChannel is hoping to get her on a regular schedule to share her unique insights into Leadership and education within the Pagan community.
- Prison break at Abu Graib. Hundreds of detainees escaped from Abu Graib and Taji prisons in Baghdad, including senior al Qaeda operatives.
- America drops “bombs” on the Great Barrier Reef.
- PepsiCo’s Naked Juice line agrees to pay $9mil in a settlement of “all natural” labels on their products.
- You can find Shauna Aura Knight’s book Spiritual Scents: Creative Options for Potent Rituals on Jupiter Gardens Press. The book can also be found on Amazon.
- Shauna recently posted an article on Pagan Activist that address ritual accessibility for disabled participants and the LGBTQA community.
- Shauna talks about ritual design and inclusivity on Global Goddess in an article from June 19, 2013.
- Gypsy Nomads – Ogre Dance – Thread & Stone
- Celia – Tell Us What You’re Gorwing
- Leigh Anne Hussey – Homebrew – Homebrew
- Damh the Bard – Silent Moon – Antlered Crown & Standing Stone
In other news….
As usual, there is just too much news to try to cover in one show, even when we go to a full three hours for PWN. Much of this edition was taken up with a fun conversation between RevKess and guest Shauna Aura. Obviously there was not much time to talk about other issues.
- Just a month after Exodus International announces that it is closing down, Jewish ex-gay group JONAH winds up in the news. A law suit has been filed suing for damages caused by this group.
- Related in part to our conversation with Shauna Aura, a look at great anthology Rooted in the Body, Seeking the Soul over on Staff of Asclepius. (No direct link for purchasing the book is available as of 7/23/13. Will post update when one becomes available.)
- India has categorized dolphins as “non-human persons” and has banned keeping dolphins in captivity.
- Peru plans to install solar panels to provide electricity for its poorest citizens.
- Laura Wildman-Hanlon and other researchers are conducting a survey regarding adult children of Pagans. This is a Pagan friendly survey: “The goal of this study is to investigate the question of how individuals raised within a family and/or communities which practiced a form of neo-Paganism during their developmental years express these world views as an adult.”