Hello, everyone! KaliSara and RevKess are at Heartland Pagan Festival down near Kansas City at Camp Gaea. This is the first year that Heartland is on totally Pagan owned land, last fall Kansas City Heartland Spiritual Association made their final payment on the land. Congratulations to them!
Towards the end of April, RevKess sat down via Skype with Robert McClung and talked about Telergy and the Lgend of Goody Cole. This weekend’s edition is the result of that conversation.
Here at Pagan-Musings Podcast Channel we strive to have a new episode for you every Saturday evening as well as our Pagan Weekly News and the occasional other programs like Musica Pagani, Lavender Hill and Selections from the Mess. Starting on June 5th, we are adding a brand new show to the line up. Home of the Ancestors with host Julian Marcus. We will continue to produce our regular shows and keep working on adding more and more to our line up for your listening pleasure and education.
Feel free to drop us an email about this or any other show at email@example.com or one Facebook. (Editing note from RevKess: Please forgive the background noise. I was multitasking during the interview and my keystrokes were picked up much loader than I had expected.)
Now on to the show notes for Saturday 25 May 2013: Telergy and the Legend of Goodie Cole:
- Telergy‘s website includes information about the concept behind the music, pictures of the musicians involved, and links to online sources for further study on both Goody Cole and the earlier release, Exodus.
- A review of The Legend of Goody Cole on HardrockHaven.net.
- Wikipedia’s article on Goodwife Eunice Cole.
- Lane Memorial Library in Hampton, NH, has information on their site.
- Article on the Hampton Historical Society‘s website.
- An article from SeaCoastNH.com,including a “trick” photo of Goody Cole visiting her memorial stone on the edge of Meeting House Green.
- A two part article by Fiona Broome on Hollow Hill, a ghost hunting site. Part 1, part 2.
- Goody Cole’s article on Sacred-Texts.com.
Robert and RevKess had a wonderful conversation about the story of Goody Cole and the process of making this CD. During the conversation Robert mentioned many of the musicians that he worked with on this project. You got to hear some of those musicians throughout the show as well as pieces from the new CD from Telergy.
Before we get to the music you heard, here is the promotional video that was produced in conjunction with the IndieGoGo campaign that successfully helped to bring The Legend of Goody Cole to reality.
- Meeting House Green Pt 1 – Telergy – The Legend of Goody Cole
- Meeting House Green Pt 2 – Telergy – The Legend of Goody Cole
- Scene 1 – Telergy – The Legend of Goody Cole (spoken word with music)
- Rumors – Telergy – The Legend of Goody Cole (background during interview)
- Enchantress – Jenna Greene – Wild Earth Child
- Gypsy Heart – Featherscale – Gypsy Heart
- Exoneration – Telergy – Legend of Goody Cole
- Pagan Polka – SONA – Spoonwalk
- Sky Father – Murphey’s Midnight Rounders – I Am The Goddess
- Hey Mama (I’m A Real Live Witch) – Murphey’s Midnight Rounders – Swede Hollow
- Moon- Wendy Rule – Wolf Love
- Fire in the Head – Emerald Rose – Bending Tradition
- Morrighan – Damh the Bard
- Everyday Goddess – Celia – Breathe
- Odin the Wanderer – Al Conti – Northern Seas
- Specter of the Forest and Sea – Frenchy and the Punk – Elephant Uproar
- Cunning Man – Legend – Triple Aspect
- Hey Goddess – Big Bad Gina – Amazon Warrior Princess
- Triple Aspect – Legend – Triple Aspect