RevKess would like to say happy 4th of July to all the listeners in the United States and all of those who appreciate the freedoms and independence that they have or want to have. Every year on the 4th of July, millions of people celebrate the freedom and independence that they have in the United States. Even with the inequities that barrage US citizens on a regular basis, people in the US have much more freedom than most other places around the globe. It is due to the long battle that the US people have waged for centuries that they can celebrate on this day, and any other day of the year. Religious freedom, sexual equality (a work in progress), workers’ rights, voters’ rights, property and inheritance rights, all those things that many in the US take for granted. They are all reasons to celebrate.
Though Musica Pagani is a music program, as the name suggests, RevKess wanted to share that Crystal Blanton is a new staff writer for the Wild Hunt. Her first article for TWH was published for the 4th of July and it pertains to the celebration in the United States as well as the major disappointment that many have with the Supreme Court of the United States after their decision to over turn Section 4 of the Voters Rights Act on June 25, 2013 – one day before their major decision regarding Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act and California’s Proposition 8. In the article she quotes such figures of the Pagan community as T Thorn Coyle, Peter Dybing, Yeshe Rabbit and Erick DuPreee.
This 4th of July, Musica Pagani celebrates freedom, diversity and independence with music and song.
- Celia – Lady Liberty
- Fiona Joy Hawkins – Freedom – Live at the Q
- Stephen DeRuby – Freedom – Awakening
- Celia – Red Alabaster & Blue – Red Alabaster & Blue
- Gaia Consort – Cry Freedom – Secret Voices
- Big Bad Gina – Freedom Connection – Lake of Dreams
- Lis Addison – My Big Community – Grace of the Green Leaf
- Ian Corrigan – A Charm for Religious Liberty
- Celia – Build the Wall – Military Religious Freedom Foundation
- Celia – Symbol Song
- Heather Dale – Brother Stand Beside Me – The Green Knight
- Tron Syversen – Freedom Song – Piano Poems
- Emerald Rose – Hills of America – Bending Tradition