This week’s edition of PWN had a few hiccups. For that we apologize. We do want to thank you for muddling through our audio issues and listening to the show, nonetheless. KaliSara was a bit under the weather and was unable to participate. RevKess managed to slog through on his own. Talking about everything from RFRA’s to Workers’ Compensation, from Pagan music news and upcoming book releases. this edition will tackle a lot of bad and some very good news.
RevKess and KaliSara welcome your comments both here and on the Facebook page for Pagan Weekly News.
Links to Articles and Topics Covered
- Indiana Gov. Pence signs RFRA bill into law, claiming it won’t enable LGBT discrimination.
- The ACLU has a listing of anti-LGBT religious refusals legislation across the country, updated regularly.
- In news of the “what the huh?!”, NPR reports that a nuclear waste accident in 2014 was caused by cat litter.
- Arizona has two proposals before their legislature. One would have doctors tell patients that abortions can be “reversed” and the other would require church attendance be mandatory.
- A Texas woman, Nancy “Suzanne” Duarte, smiles as she talks about burning down a yoga studio to “get rid of the devil’s temple”.
- George Zimmerman compares himself to Anne Frank and claims he was victimized by Obama.
- WalMart and other major corporations are funding a multistate move to take Workers’ Comp away. Go here to see a list of companies involved.
- Tuatha Dea wins national Hard Rock Battle of the Bands.
- Sharon Knight’s Portals project is days away from ending its funding campaign. It is not too late to make a contribution. Campaign ends March 30, 2015. Listen to KaliSara and RevKess’s interview with Sharon here.
- T Thorn Coyle is releasing her first novel in May. Learn more about Like Water.
- SJ Tucker – Go Away Godboy – Sirens
- Heather Dale – The Poachers – The Green Knight
- Wendy Rule – The Serpent of Silver – Guided by Venus
- Jenna Greene – Spring Love – Crosroads
- Tuatha Dea – The Sky is Falling – Tuatha Dea