Thank you to all our wonderful artists we get to play every week on Murphy’s Magic Mess on KZUM-HD in Lincoln, NE. We’d also like to thank all our wonderful listener-members who either renewed or became members of KZUM this past week during the spring 2014 pledge drive. You are who we do this for every week.
Phil was in a sky and Spring mood Sunday morning, and the first several pieces reflect the sky and many of the rest reflect the call for Spring. Murf selected most of the second half of the show with a few contributions from Phil and some suggestions from *K8. A big kudos to *K8 for typing up the play list during the show. Phil has gone through any made any corrections that might have been needed.
It was a real joy to see Sister Gladysteen in the studio. She is one of the hosts of Glorious Gospel on KZUM and one we do not get to see on a regular basis. We are looking forward to seeing here again now that Spring is starting to make itself known in our area. The first piece we played was for her, as Paul Spaeth’s CD is very spiritual. It was also selected to honor Dr. Rock who ended his tenure with KZUM – he hosted the six hour program Dr. Rock and the Medicine Show.
- To Say GoodBye – Paul Spaeth – Redemption
- Above the Sky – Jeremy Weinglass – Choose Love
- Moon Goddess – Jack Gates – Voyage of the Troubadour
- Skies and Openings – Vin Downes – Unlike the Stars
- Aspiring Emptyness – Yang Ying – Elixir
- One Day I will Go to the Stars – Larken Lyre – Extraordinary Voyage
- Watching the Clouds – Masako – Call of the Mountains
- Song of the Siren – Paul Higgs – Pavane
- Liberty Elephant – Betsy Tinney – Release the Cello
- Behold – Abbi Spinner McBride – Fire of Creation
- Ritual Dance – Allan Scott Bachman – Gaia, Earth Goddess
- A Call for Spring – Alexis Kochan – Ukrainian Songs
- Life’s Wheel – Heather Alexander – Merlin’s Descendants
- Mishiamagu – Tuatha Dea – The Tribe
- Regnal – Anne Lister – Root, Seed, Thorn, & Flower
- Dancer & the Moon – Blackmore’s Night – Dancer & the Moon
- Beyond Us Is the Cost – Cernunnos Rising- Urban Druid
- Pagan Ways – Damh the Bard – the Cauldron Born
- Mannanan McLir – Eachdraidh – Angel and the Canadian Celtic Cowboy
- Urban Elements – Ginger Doss – From Love to Love
Throughout the program we updated you on a couple of Elders in the global Pagan community. Donald Michael Kraig is in hospital and battling pancreatic cancer, the prognosis is not good. He is in good spirits, though. His family and friends have been at his side as much as possible and number of Pagans around the world have been lending their energy to him, to ease him and make him more comfortable at this time. Morning Glory Zell has also been in hospital, she is battling complications from her recurring cancer. She’s doing well. Will hopefully be returning home soon. A GoFundMe page has been set up to assist with the medical expenses incurred during MG’s hospital stay.
Lastly, we spoke briefly about the murals at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in England. Alder Hey is slated for demolition. The beautiful murals that are risk were painted by volunteer artists from across England, including singer-songwriter-multi-instrumentalist George Nicholas. George is the front man for Cernunnos Rising, whom we played a piece from towards the end of the show. There is an online petition to preserve the murals, you can find out more here.
Thank you, so much for playing Moon goddess & Animal spirits on Murphy’s magic mess.
Sharyl & Jack Gates