The 90th edition of the Pagan Weekly News was full of emotional content. Zaracon and RevKess visited with Kyrja, author of the Rupert’s Tales series for children regarding the hate crime attacks on her and her community. As we discussed in a recent episode of the Pagan-Musings Podcast, Kyrja has been under attack from unknown assailants for several months. The attacks escalated from verbal abuse in December to shots being fired at her home in March and more recently chemical bombs being lobbed at her home on April 15, 2013. Her step daughter was harmed in that attack, chemical inhalation damaging her lungs. You can hear straight from Kyrja what is going on in this edition of PWN. (You can also hear KalisSara and RevKess’s interview with Kyrja earlier this month.)
Leading into Kyrja’s visit your hosts talked briefly about the new CD release by Didges Christ SuperDrum, Alien Technology. A selection from that CD was played during the program. They also talked about ConStellation IV, in which KaliSara and RevKess participated as Pangaia Metaphysical Store.
Right before Kyrja’s call, Zaracon and RevKess spoke up the recent developments with the Boston Marathon Bombing investigation. Both suspects have been apprehended, two brothers by the name of Tsarnaev from Chechnya. One brother was killed in a gun fight with law enforcement officials while the other was later taken into custody after receiving multiple gunshot wounds, he was later officially charged while in hospital.
Later in the show the hosts talked about the fertilizer plant explosion outside Waco, TX last week and information regarding the 30 Days of Advocacy Against With Hunts in South Africa, including part of a letter sent by SAPRA executives to the government regarding the exclusion of recognition of Pagan religions by the government.
Ending the show on a more positive note, there was talk of the 4th anniversary of Pangaia Metaphysical Store and Raymond Buckland’s recent foray into iPhone/iPad apps with his Romani Tarot application.
See below for a listing of topics and links that were discussed as well as a listing of the music played during this edition of PWN.
Z and Kess would like to thank all the live and archive listeners for tuning in and sharing in the information and news that they have for you each and every week on Pagan Weekly News and encourage you to visit their advertisers and supports. Tune in next week for another edition of the Pagan Weekly News with Zaracon and RevKess.
- ConStellation IV – an annual science fiction/fantasy/anime convention in Lincoln, NE hosted by ConStellation Nebraska.
- Didges Christ SuperDrum CD release – Alien Technology was released this month and will be added to the PMPChannel playlist.
- Telergy - The Legend of Goody Cole, the second CD by Telergy has been released. RevKess will be interviewing Telergy lead Robert McClung for a recorded episode of the Pagan-Musings Podcast to be aired Memorial Day Weekend.
- Boston Marathon update
- Daily Beast coverage by Christopher Dickey on “The Terrorist Tipping Point”
- Links to all of the Daily Beast coverage on the Boston Marathon Bombings
- Unsolved Triple Homicide that may be directly connected to one of the Tsarnaev brothers
- Opinion piece from the Washington Post regarding the investigation, pursuit and treatment of the suspects
- Kyrja update – Kyrja calls in to talk about what is going on
- The New Port Richey Patch, an online newspaper, gives updates on what is happening with the investigation
- Earlier coverage from the New Port Richey Patch
- In Kyrja’s segment with Zaracon and RevKess, she reports that her husband pursued a suspect vehicle on the night of the 20th, stopping the vehicle and questioning the occupants., Said occupants are high school students that indicated that they were acting on infromation from “John Doe” (name with held by request of investigators) saying that Kyrja and her family are “dangerous” people and harming children. They indicated that theior actions were reactions to Kyrja’s religion.
- Circle Sanctuary, Lady Liberty League, Officers of Avalon, the ACLU and the Southern Poverty Law Center have been contacted regarding the situation. Kyrja signed off to take a call from Selena Fox.
- RevKess, Zaracon and others on the PMPChannel will provide further updates as they become available.
- Texas fertilizer plant explosion leaves 14 dead and 200 injured
- SAPRA: South African Pagan Rights Alliance - Letter to Commission for the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities
- Raymond Buckland steps into the world of iPhone/iPad apps with The Fool’s Dog
- Peter Beckley, friend to PMPChannel, recurring guest and audio contributor, has recently experienced some serious health issues resulting in ER visits, hospitalization and a nearly fatal renal shut down. His wife has set up a fund raising page to help cover their rising medical expenses. The Beckleys are self employed and cannot afford health insurance. They are Pagan homesteaders, growing much of their own food, and both are artists, creating beautiful Pagan related art and other items. MK is a seamstress and Peter designs embroidery patterns and jewelry, among other things. Learn more about the Beckleys and their take on Pagan living at That Witchy Place.
- Lorelei Greenwood – Gallimaufry
- DidgesChrist Super Drum – Stardust + Energy = Me – Alien Technology
- Celia – Build the Wall
- Isaac Bonewits – We Won’t Shave Any Longer